Your relationship with your spouse has the potential to be the most fulfilling experience in your life. Remember when you first started together? However, there are snags that can happen at every step of the way. No one ever said that relationships were easy!
The good news is that if you stay proactive, you can foster a loving relationship no matter how many weeks or years you've been together. When you create a more loving relationship, you make both you and your partner happy. You won't find much better than that!
Here are some tips for creating a more loving relationship:
1. Show your gratitude. If you love your partner very much, than you're obviously grateful for them. However, you need to learn to express your inner feelings. Your partner needs to know that you're grateful. It shouldn't be something that goes unsaid.
- You can show gratitude by being more open in your conversations or by taking loving actions by buying gifts or suggesting ideas for quality time. Also, remember the words: "Thank you!" In our workshop's, "Energize Your Marriage" we show you the importance of a simple act of appreciation. It is called "La Conección Diaria".
2. Incorporate more fun into the relationship. You two may have separate ideas of what fun is, but try doing things together that you both enjoy. It doesn't have to be anything big and extravagant, just try to find something simple, yet exciting.
- The key is to do something where you both won't know exactly what to expect. This adds that "special spice" to the relationship and helps stave off boredom. You can do this when you go out on your "Date Nights".
3. Go out of your way. Yes, going out of your way for your partner may take some extra work, but it'll be worth it! Decide to make a grand gesture for your partner. Do this out of the blue and your partner will really see that you care.
- For example, you could throw them a party or take care of something that you know they don't like doing.
4. Do activities they want to do. By making the sacrifice to do something you're not all that interested in, it'll make your partner feel loved and honored. Of course, there will be interests you share, but make it a point to join in for an activity they really enjoy more than you do.
- If your partner has always wanted to go ballroom dancing with you, perhaps it's time to bite the bullet and go through with it.
5. Keep their needs in mind. As the years go by, it's so easy to fall into patterns (La Rutina) and restricted comfort zones, but you mustn't forget about your partner's needs.
- If they enjoy an extra hug every once in awhile, go give them a hug.
- If they like to talk about feelings and plans, sit with them and talk.
6. Say: "I love you" regularly. It seems that you can never say these three simple words enough. Say it, text it, email it, record it, show it. Do what you have to just to remind your partner of your true feelings. This little phrase actually helps communication, lightens the mood, and fosters a more loving relationship for many years to come.
7. Listen actively. While it's important to express your own feelings, it's also critical that you truly listen to your partner's feelings. When you actively listen, you'll begin to understand your partner in a new, deeper way. They'll also feel loved because they'll see you being attentive and they'll feel like their thoughts and feelings matter.
8. Support their ideas. When you agree with your partner's ideas, make sure that you fully support them in both words and actions. This feeling of support will help your partner feel loved.
- When you don't agree with your partner, it's still important to remain loving. Don't shoot down your partner's ideas or become overly critical. Accept what they're saying and suggest alternative ideas if needed.
Obviously I went through these steps fast, and will focus much more in depth in a future "Webinar" that I will be hosting very soon, so be aware. I will let you know.
Follow these tips, encourage your spouse to do the same, and you can't help but have a more joyous, loving relationship!
I have a sign in my office that says: "THE BEST PLACE TO BE IS TOGETHER"...
Check out our other articles by visiting our Blog:
Roy & Vilma Llamas
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.